Thursday, December 1, 2011

Basic Custard


From the day I started blogging I never missed a day without posting any recipe, but yesterday I was totally busy and couldn’t at least peep into my blog. I missed my friends a lot. Here is a basic custard recipe which could be done very easily. You can do innovation up to your choice to make it tastier. Recipe source Spanishfood.about.com.

Ingredients
Egg yolks: 4
Corn Flour: 1tbsp
Sugar: ½ cup
Milk: 2 cups
Vanilla essence: ½ tsp
Cashews: few
Almonds: few
Raisins: few
Method of Preparation
In a bowl, add egg yolks and sugar, whisk lightly.
Add corn flour to it by stirring continuously with a wooden spoon. Keep this aside.
In a pan add milk and vanilla essence. Bring this to boil. Switch off the flame.
Strain milk gradually into the egg mix. Stir continuously while pouring the milk.
Place the pan on stove and heat to a simmer. Do not boil.
Stir constantly for about 5minutes.
Remove and allow to cool. As the custard cools stir occasionally to prevent skin from foaming on top.
Meanwhile roast cashews, almonds and raisins and add to the prepared custard.
Serve chilled.


I am sending this to Custard Monthly Mingle



13 comments:

I Live in a Frying Pan said...

You should enter this into Sally's custard mingle at www.mycustardpie.com! :)

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Yummy custard.

Herbs & Flowers: Spring Onions

Sushma Mallya said...

Custard has always been my fav this looks yummy!

Francesca said...

This custard is so tempting! And your banana cake here below is delicious! I am following you from Rome, Italy!

Priya Suresh said...

Would love to have this custard drizzled over some fruits.

Sobha Shyam said...

looks yummy and nice recipe..

Teena said...

looks gr88 dear!

Julie said...

yummilicious custard!!perfect dessert..
Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)
Erivum Puliyum

Zareena said...

Love this custard a lot. My mom used to make this often when we were kids.Thank you so much for visiting my space and leaving your precious comments. You have a lovely space dear. Happy to follow you.

Christy Gerald said...

Yumm and awesome luking custard Dear.Luv it.

divya said...

looks yummy and nice recipe..

cookbookjaleela said...

very delicious custurd fasela

Sudha said...

Custard looks so lovely!I have always used the packet mix for my custard because I never really had a handy and easy custard recipe.I'll definitely try out yours coz yours seems lip-smacking:)