I have used Maida; you can make this with using only wheat flour. Whole meal Wheat flour is fiber rich. This may help to regulate blood sugar as well as it has other health benefits also. Olive oil has high monosaturated fatty acids and is high content of anti oxidative substances. It raises HDL by controlling LDL and thus protect from heart disease.
- Wheat Flour: 1cup
- Maida: ¼ cup (optional)
- Salt: As needed
- Oil: required (can use olive oil if health conscious)
- Hot Water: needed to make smooth dough
Method of Preparation:
- Combine both the flours and mix well.
- Boil water by adding salt and add this to the combined flour.
- Knead well to make smooth dough and keep aside for at least half an hour.
- Make small ball from it and flatten thinly it on the rolling board.
- Spread oil on the flattened chappathi and fold from all sides to form a square shape.
- Again flatten it.
- Heat the griddle and cook both sides until done. You need to apply oil on the griddle if required.
Tips: Knead the dough with hot water to make smooth chappathis